THC vs CBD
Grow Home Page
Seed Bank Friends
The Best Way I Have had success germinating seeds. (And most will agree)
*optional - Presoak seed for approx 24 hours in cup of water( Preferably distilled water) . seeds should drop to the bottom within that some. sometimes they need a little nudge.
1.Line the bottom of the first plate with a few layers of wet tissue and drain any excess water from the plate.
2 . place seeds on the damp tissue and cover with another piece of tissue. cover the plate with another plate. this will create the dark environment needed for germination.
3. Place somewhere warm away from direct sunlight
4. check on seeds daily to see if the seed "pops" and also to make sure paper towel does not go dry. most seeds often only take a few days however 10 days - 2 weeks can occur as well so be patient.
5. once seeds have rooted. (a few millimeters or so) transfer seeds carefully to your growing medium. (soil, coco, etc). Be very careful not to break or damage the taproot.
6. Make sure the hole is deep enough for the root and careful place seed inside hole 1/4 -1/2 inch deep and cover lightly with soil.
7. within approx. three days most seeds arise from the soil . no light is needed before this happens. however light is needed as seedlings starts to show. place under 18 or 24 hours of lighting. this begins the vegetative stage of growth as a seedling.
***this method is also good using a zip lock bag instead of plates.
Recognizing Healthy Seeds:
Healthier seeds will be usually darker and contain the tiger striped lines down the sides. That is not to say you shouldn't attempt germinate it if not. however lighter and smaller seeds tend to be less mature and have a less likely chance to germinate...Always attempt before discarding.